History of The Power House
The Power House, constructed in 1936, was built by the patients of the Lakeshore Psychiatric Centre. The steam heat ran through the underground tunnels and pipes located throughout the site. The coal was trucked in and stored in a 20ft X 10ft (6m X 3m) coal bunker on the South East corner of the building. The chimney stands 100 Ft high and is significant because the height determined the rate of combustion needed to heat the hospital. The chimney top is 4ft. in diameter. The Power House ceased operation in 1979 when the hospital closed. The Power House and surrounding buildings are listed as Toronto’s most haunted.
Stay tuned for some Ghost stories that have been witnessed!!!
Toronto Ghosts Research Society
“we currently receive about three to five reports per month on this building from people going to school there, construction workers, utility people, former visitors, etc., etc… This, for the sheer amount of response and reports that have come in, seems to be the busiest “haunt” in Toronto.”
Visit their website torontoghosts.org